The Stewart Milne Group is one of the UK’s leading home builders, concentrating on building quality residential homes and commercial builds for a range of customers including government bodies, private and public companies, local councils and private clients. We have a reputation for high quality and innovation with a market leading position based on our expertise, innovation, quality and our commitment to providing the best service to our customers.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, you will be a key member of the project team delivering all operational activities through to development completion. You will have the opportunity to use your technical, project and people management skills to provide accurate programme information. A clear emphasis will be placed on health and safety; cost management against budget; customer satisfaction; quality and direct employee/ subcontractor management and development. Managing the operational team, the Site Manager will ensure effective delivery of pre-agreed targets for QHSE, people management and development, financial and operational performance, and customer satisfaction. Other duties include providing accurate and timeous project information, demonstrating variance of cost of additional works; prelims; dayworks; labour; plant and material to the Construction Manager. You will also build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external project teams to maximise success of projects and positively impact on customer satisfaction.
1. Manage your operational team to ensure effective delivery of pre-agreed targets for:
- Quality and Health & Safety
- People management & development
- Financial & operational performance
- Customer satisfaction
2. Ensure effective and efficient resource management:
- Labour/sub contractors
- Infrastructure works
3. Deliver accurate & timeous project information, demonstrating variance of cost of additional works; prelims; dayworks; labour; plant and material to Construction Manager.
4. Recruit, motivate and continuously develop required skills within your team to deliver (1) above.
5. Maximise the benefits of and deliver continuous improvement to current business process
6. Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external project teams to maximise success of projects within your area of responsibility and positively impact on customer satisfaction.
Essential Technical Expertise
- Evidence of ability to effectively manage multi-trade construction team and deliver projects on time; budget; safety and quality and customer service
- Microsoft office skills
- 5 day CITB
- 3 day First Aid Certificate
- Black CSCS Card
Desirable Technical Expertise
- Qualified to NVQ level 4
Salary and Benefits
Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Company Car / Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Staff House Discount
- Flexible Benefits Package
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply via link or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note for recruitment agencies
Regarding candidate submissions from recruitment agencies or similar, Stewart Milne Group will only pay a fee upon placement where there is a written engagement in place between Stewart Milne Group’s HR Recruitment function, and the 3rd party before the CV submission. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Stewart Milne Group by a 3rd party without any such engagement, Stewart Milne Group explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.