Senior Construction Manager
The Stewart Milne Group provides innovative solutions for residential homes and commercial developments through our Homes and Timber Systems Divisions across the UK. We have a strong reputation for high quality and innovation, with a market leading position based on our expertise, quality, and customer service. We attract people who enjoy a solutions-focussed working environment, based on continuous, personal, and supportive leadership.
Stewart Milne Homes is one of the UK’s leading independent housebuilders, operating over 35 sites across the North East of Scotland, Central Scotland and North West England.
Due to continued growth, Homes Scotland are looking for a Senior Construction Manager to join the busy Central Scotland Construction Team.
Reporting to the Deputy Managing Director, you will be a key member of the operational leadership team for Central Scotland, with responsibility for ensuring the effective delivery of “best in class” product to meet demand. With ambition to re-establish the business as a 5-star housebuilder the individual will drive operational improvement through innovative modern methods of construction, influencing an optimal product design, to accelerate, intensely monitored accelerated build programmes.
You will provide direction to ensure effective management of development sites within your remit. You will demonstrate a proactive attitude to change by drawing on your experience in directing your team to challenge employee/sub-contractor relationships and process to continuously improve how we deliver our business.
- Assist the Deputy Managing Director develop the Department strategy which will deliver the required growth and profitability set out in the Divisional Business Plan.
- Provide Direction and manage your operational team to ensure effective delivery of business plan target for undernoted:
- Quality and Health & Safety
- People management & development
- Financial & operational performance
- Customer satisfaction
- Provide direction and manage your operational team to ensure effective and efficient resource management:
- Infrastructure works
- Manage, analyse and interpret operational team reports for (2&3) above and report any variance to plan to the Deputy Managing Director.
- Recruit, motivate and continuously develop required skills within your team to ensure delivery of (2&3) above.
- Maximise the benefits of and deliver continuous improvement to current business process
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external project teams to maximise success of projects within your area of responsibility and positively impact on customer satisfaction.
Essential Technical Expertise
- Evidence of ability to effectively direct your team (including sub-contractors) to ensure delivery of £1m to £40m timber frame housing developments.
- Fully conversant with all aspects of operational and contractual procedures.
- Microsoft Office Skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
Desirable Technical Expertise
- Degree in Construction management or related discipline
Salary and Benefits
Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Company Car / Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Staff House Discount
- Flexible Benefits Package
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply via link or email email@example.com
Note for recruitment agencies
Regarding candidate submissions from recruitment agencies or similar, Stewart Milne Group will only pay a fee upon placement where there is a written engagement in place between Stewart Milne Group’s HR Recruitment function, and the 3rd party before the CV submission. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Stewart Milne Group by a 3rd party without any such engagement, Stewart Milne Group explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.