The Stewart Milne Group provides innovative solutions for residential homes and commercial developments through our Homes and Timber Systems Divisions across the UK. We have a strong reputation for high quality and innovation, with a market leading position based on our expertise, quality, and customer service. We attract people who enjoy a solutions-focussed working environment, based on continuous, personal, and supportive leadership.
Stewart Milne Homes is one of the UK’s leading independent housebuilders, operating over 35 sites across the North East of Scotland, Central Scotland and North West England.
The Quantity Surveyor will be reporting to the Commercial Manager and will be responsible for the financial control of all developments allocated to them. It is fully expected the Quantity Surveyor will commercially run all their developments by providing sound commercial advice and recommendations to the development team aiming to maximise profitability and minimise risk, mentored by a Senior Quantity Surveyor and reporting to the Commercial Manager. The reporting of each development will be monthly in the form of an accurate MCR (in detail), Variance / savings report and a Cost flow, including maintenance projections.
- To co-ordinate and manage on time all financial activities of developments under their control & provide transparent accurate reports on financial matters (Report cycle – monthly)
- Prepare accurate cash flow/monthly valuations and monitor as required (Report cycle – monthly)
- Prepare as necessary Bills of Quantities, description / scope of works and remeasure and evaluate works as required
- To be aware of current Health & Safety procedures and assist in ensuring they are adhered to at all times
- Properly plan and procure sub-contractors to suit site programme
- Manage sub-contractor’s financial performance including dealing with any disputes and agreement of written Final Accounts
- To identify & propose both savings and processes improvements within the business
- Take ownership by responding promptly to internal and external customer enquiries
Essential Technical Expertise
- Financial / Commercial awareness
- Effective cost control
- Accurate / on time reporting
- Excellent negotiation skills
- IT skills – COINS (beneficial but not essential) & Microsoft Office
- Team player
Salary and Benefits
Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Company Car / Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Staff House Discount
- Flexible Benefits Package
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply via link or email email@example.com
Note for recruitment agencies
Regarding candidate submissions from recruitment agencies or similar, Stewart Milne Group will only pay a fee upon placement where there is a written engagement in place between Stewart Milne Group’s HR Recruitment function, and the 3rd party before the CV submission. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Stewart Milne Group by a 3rd party without any such engagement, Stewart Milne Group explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.