The Stewart Milne Group provides innovative solutions for residential homes and commercial developments through our Homes and Timber Systems Divisions across the UK. We have a strong reputation for high quality and innovation, with a market leading position based on our expertise, quality, and customer service. We attract people who enjoy a solutions-focussed working environment, based on continuous, personal, and supportive leadership.
Stewart Milne Homes is one of the UK’s leading independent housebuilders, operating over 35 sites across the North East of Scotland, Central Scotland and North West England.
Due to continued growth and exciting new developments, Homes Scotland are looking for a Planner to join the busy team within Scotland.
Reporting to the Deputy Managing Director, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting Senior team members in documenting key factors to ensure successful delivery from land acquisition, development/infrastructure preparation and construction through to customer handover through the programming process.
- Reporting out using Dashboards and summary reports in accordance with the business requirements and advice on corrective action to recover deviations from ‘the Programme’, as and when required.
- Maintain and liaise regular progress reviews and programme updates predominately with the construction team to ensure robust tracking of key activities and milestones, identify variances from the programme and warning signs and ensure early remediation is flagged and implemented where necessary.
- Work with the Construction teams, to ensure that the site-specific project plans are regularly updated and reflect accurate progress and identify critical path variances, which is to be communicated to senior managers accordingly.
- Liaising with all departments including Land, Commercial, Technical and Construction teams, as necessary.
- Providing on-going support to Divisional Directors, Construction Management, Site and Design teams to review progress or update programmes as necessary.
- Prepare progress reports from gathering information from the construction teams.
- Implement timely Audit processes to ensure compliance of all programming with the relevant internal disciplines.
- You will be required, where necessary, to visit sites and inspect projects with the site management team to monitor/report on site progress.
Essential Technical Expertise
- Experience of the housebuilding construction life cycle.
- Good knowledge of building and general construction techniques and methodology with regards Project Control processes.
- Building from inception Development, Infrastructure and Construction Programmes in accordance with the site specific requirements.
- The ability to lead and direct the development of the project plan.
- Ability to analyse complex data (quantitative and qualitative), draw conclusions and produce solutions and decisions, and produce reports accordingly.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to use project planning software MS Project and office-based packages i.e. MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) is essential.
- An understanding of the design and procurement process.
- An ability to think laterally and apply innovative solutions.
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload but also must be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- You will have the ability to take direction when needed, a willingness to learn new approaches and a fondness for problem solving.
- You will possess excellent communication skills being able to convey clear and concise information in both written and verbal format to site management, senior management and third parties alike.
Desirable Technical Expertise
- You will ideally be qualified in a suitable Construction / Project Controls Discipline.
- Experience of COINS system.
Salary and Benefits
Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Staff House Discount
- Flexible Benefits Package
Note for recruitment agencies
Regarding candidate submissions from recruitment agencies or similar, Stewart Milne Group will only pay a fee upon placement where there is a written engagement in place between Stewart Milne Group’s HR Recruitment function, and the 3rd party before the CV submission. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Stewart Milne Group by a 3rd party without any such engagement, Stewart Milne Group explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.