Manufacturing Operatives and Forklift Drivers
The Stewart Milne Group is one of the UK’s leading home builders, concentrating on building quality residential homes and commercial builds for a range of customers including government bodies, private and public companies, local councils and private clients. We have a reputation for high quality and innovation with a market leading position based on our expertise, innovation, quality and our commitment to providing the best service to our customers.
Our Timber Systems division is the leading provider of Timber Frame construction solution to the Private, Social / Affordable and Commercial / public works sectors. We operate throughout the United Kingdom and have three manufacturing plants, Witney Oxfordshire, Westhill Aberdeen, and Grangemouth, Scotland with regional offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Manchester.
Due to exciting new developments and increased production levels, Stewart Milne timber Systems are recruiting both Dayshift and Backshift Manufacturing Operatives and Forklift Drivers for our Witney factory.
We operate two working shifts as follows;
- Dayshift - Monday to Friday 6am - 4.30pm
- Backshift - Monday to Thursday 4.45pm - 4.45am
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, you will be a key member of the Manufacturing Team, responsible for manufacturing time frame or joinery components. You will have the opportunity to use your skills and knowledge within the role with a clear emphasis on safety; quality; and productivity.
Essential Technical Expertise
- Manufacturing Operative
- A background in joinery, timber frame manufacture or timber frame erection is beneficial
- Proven work experience of manual work as level of physical work will be required
- Good knowledge and grasp of basic arithmetic
- Ability to understand technical drawings is beneficial
- Nail & power tools experience
- Forklift Driver
- Hold a current Fork Lift Truck Licence – ideally with Combi-lift conversion but this is not essential as training can be provided
- Demonstrate ability to take loading information and organise materials safely onto loads
- Experience and appreciation of warehouse working and stock control systems is beneficial but not essential
Salary and Benefits
Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive rate of pay
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Flexible Benefits Package
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply via link or email email@example.com
Note for recruitment agencies
Regarding candidate submissions from recruitment agencies or similar, Stewart Milne Group will only pay a fee upon placement where there is a written engagement in place between Stewart Milne Group’s HR Recruitment function, and the 3rd party before the CV submission. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Stewart Milne Group by a 3rd party without any such engagement, Stewart Milne Group explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.