Joiner - Customer Services
The Stewart Milne Group is one of the UK’s leading home builders, concentrating on building quality residential homes and commercial builds for a range of customers including government bodies, private and public companies, local councils and private clients. We have a reputation for high quality and innovation with a market leading position based on our expertise, innovation, quality and our commitment to providing the best service to our customers.
Our Homes Division’s turnover target for the UK in 2019-20 is in excess of £300m across our three regions, North West England, Central Scotland and North Scotland. We have a reputation for delivering high quality homes in sought after locations. Through the expertise of our people, we are able to successfully deliver projects ranging from Brownfield infill developments & high density urban developments to large scale developments where we are lead developers ranging in size from 20 no units to 1500 no units.
Reporting to the Area Customer Service Managers/Head of Customer Services, you will be responsible for the delivery of a quality service to our customers ensuring the highest levels of customer care are in place. You will also be responsible for managing your own workload as programmed by the Customer Service Department, ensuring the highest standards of workmanship are delivered at all times.
Cost control is also something which is of extreme importance, and you will be expected to manage unnecessary costs out of the business whilst you carry out your day to day works.
You will also be responsible for submitting your paperwork to the Customer Service Administration Team, as required. (Timesheets, invoices, complete job instructions, any information regarding follow up works etc.)
- To manage weekly customer workload and ensure you have materials to carry out works prior to customer appointments.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed on time and handed into, Customer Services Administration Team, on a weekly basis.
- Carry out schedules of work as detailed on job instructions, in line with all Health & Safety requirements.
- Work with team of maintenance operatives, being flexible to work in all geographical areas within the central Scotland region.
- Deliver a responsive, polite and caring service to all customers, ensuring work areas are left clean and tidy on completion of works.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of company vehicle ensuring it is kept clean and tidy at all times.
Essential Technical Expertise
- Time Serviced Qualification (as applicable to position)
- CSCS Card
- Scaffold awareness knowledge
- Knowledge of the requirements of the NHBC and Building Control essential
Desirable Technical Expertise
- Advances Customer Awareness Training
- Knowledge of timber-frame construction is desirable
- Health & Safety Awareness Training
Salary and Benefits
Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Company Vehicle
- Pension Scheme
- Staff House Discount
- Flexible Benefits Package
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply via link or email email@example.com
Note for recruitment agencies
Regarding candidate submissions from recruitment agencies or similar, Stewart Milne Group will only pay a fee upon placement where there is a written engagement in place between Stewart Milne Group’s HR Recruitment function, and the 3rd party before the CV submission. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Stewart Milne Group by a 3rd party without any such engagement, Stewart Milne Group explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.