Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Advisor
The Stewart Milne Group provides innovative solutions for residential homes and commercial developments through our Homes and Timber Systems Divisions across the UK. We have a strong reputation for high quality and innovation, with a market leading position based on our expertise, quality, and customer service. We attract people who enjoy a solutions-focussed working environment, based on continuous, personal, and supportive leadership.
Reporting to the Group HSEQ Director, and indirectly to the local HSE Manager you will be a key member of the Group functional Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) team, with responsibility for supporting the strategy to deliver health & safety and environmental excellence against agreed targets. You will be responsible for supporting the ongoing development of a positive culture in delivery of HSE throughout all areas of our operations, together with supporting management implementing processes and procedures that deliver our overall corporate objectives.
Through your excellent influencing skills, you will provide HSE support and guidance to the HSE Manager and the business leadership teams to ensure compliance and continuous improvement of the HSE strategy. You will demonstrate a proactive attitude to change by drawing on your experience in assisting and supporting both the HSE and business leadership teams to challenge solutions within their area of responsibility to continuously improve how we deliver HSE within the business. Using key strategic action and customer centric competencies you will liaise effectively with the HSE team and the managers and leaders within the SMG business, to help them manage and deliver the planned HSE strategy.
With offices in Tannochside, Edinburgh and Sites based in and around Central Scotland, this position can be based within these areas as well as Tayside and the Scottish Borders.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Group HSE strategy which will deliver the required cultural and procedural improvement set out I the Group Corporate Plan.
- Monitor, evaluate and analyse the success of (1 above) and report variances to site managers, the HSE function and SMG leadership teams, clearly identifying mitigation of risk.
- Continued liaison with the leadership teams, and those supporting the Divisional Directors responsibility for HSE to ensure they understand the HSE strategy and they deliver this within their own area of operation.
- Proactively promote a consistent message to all staff within the business to support delivery of the HSE strategy.
- Through the HSE Manager, liaise with the Divisions and the Learning & Development function to ensure delivery of essential technical HSE skills and HSE behaviours across the organisation.
- Support the implementation of a plan to support the ongoing delivery of ISO 45001 / 14001.
- Proactive liaison with the CDM-C, AIMC4 and Business Optimisation Process teams to ensure these projects align with the HSE strategy.
- Build and maintain effective external relationships to enhance our Corporate Social Responsibility strategy.
- Develop, implement and assist in delivery of our in-house HSE training programme.
Essential Technical Expertise
- Health & Safety Management Experience
- NEBOSH General/Construction Certificate.
- Working towards NEBOSH Diploma.
- Working towards Chartered IOSH membership.
- Environmental Management Experience
- CSCS card – Construction H&S Officer or ideally, Construction H&S Manager
- Experience in Manufacturing / Construction Industry
- Knowledge & Understanding of Current Legislation
- Presentation / Communications
- Report Writing
- Analysis of Data
Salary and Benefits
Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Company Car / Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Staff House Discount
- Flexible Benefits Package
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply via link or email email@example.com
Note for recruitment agencies
Regarding candidate submissions from recruitment agencies or similar, Stewart Milne Group will only pay a fee upon placement where there is a written engagement in place between Stewart Milne Group’s HR Recruitment function, and the 3rd party before the CV submission. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Stewart Milne Group by a 3rd party without any such engagement, Stewart Milne Group explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.