Edinburgh or Aberdeen
Group Marketing Executive
The Stewart Milne Group is one of the UK’s leading home builders, concentrating on building quality residential homes and commercial builds for a range of customers including government bodies, private and public companies, local councils and private clients. We have a reputation for high quality and innovation with a market leading position based on our expertise, innovation, quality and our commitment to providing the best service to our customers.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual to work within a fast-paced business. We are looking for a proactive, organised professional to manage and support the production and delivery of a variety of Group Marketing projects
Reporting to the Group Head of Marketing you will support in the delivery of innovative and differentiated creative solutions in keeping with the Stewart Milne Group brand guidelines. You will be given responsibility for a series of ongoing and new projects that are of strategic importance to the Group and you will work closely with the Group Head of Marketing to deliver these. You may also need to liaise with the Divisional Marketing Managers and a variety of different people across the Group.
You will have previous marketing management experience and excellent project management skills. You will be an engaging communicator, able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. A key aspect of the role is a thorough understanding of the right balance between Commercial priorities, design, brand building and managing expectations to all internal stakeholders.
You must be confident managing a high volume of work and be a self-starter with the initiative to get things done efficiently, accurately and to tight deadlines.
This position is a fixed term contract for 12 months.
- Support the Group Head of Marketing to deliver a range of key projects of strategic important to the Group on time and within budget (where budget is required). These projects will vary over time and could include signage, sales centre fit outs, photography, PR, brochures, leaflets, events etc.
- Support the Group Head of Marketing and the Website Manager to create, source and deliver content to be uploaded onto the various websites across the Group via various CMS systems. Ensure all content is relevant and up to date.
- Take full ownership of various short-term internal and external communication projects as determined by the Group Head of Marketing, creating and delivering activity and using agencies and / or internal resource as and when appropriate.
- Prepare marketing materials and/or marketing papers for various marketing and sales meetings across the Group including marketing analysis, proposals and recommendations as directed by the Group Head of Marketing. Where necessary, liaise with roster agencies to achieve this.
- Liaise with the Marketing Mangers in the Divisions to ensure that marketing procedures are understood and are followed to ensure optimal impact of marketing activity. Help the Marketing Managers and the internal Design team to ensure that all activity on SharePoint is executed on time and in budget.
- Deliver a regular update of marketing activities with visuals to the Group Head of Marketing.
- Deliver a regular update of competitor marketing activity to the Group Head of Marketing.
- Assist the Design Executive and the Group Head of Marketing to deliver the new digital asset management tool (Byner) ensuring all imagery is up to date, is the best it can be and is used consistently across the Group. Identifying gaps in photography and any other content and brief this to Group Head of Marketing.
- Create a suite of monitoring and tracking reports to monitor the impact of marketing activity making recommendations to the Group Head of Marketing.
- Ensure optimisation of all marketing collateral by ensuring brand guidelines are adhered to and reporting any variance to the Group Head of Marketing.
- Contribute at creative meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships across the Group to ensure understanding and gain pro-active commitment to the SMG Brand and Values through all activity rolled out by Group marketing.
Essential Technical Expertise
- Expert knowledge
- In Design
- Acrobat Professional
- Strong understanding of design principles (typography, colour and visual hierarchy)
- Engaging communicator with ability to develop strong relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Highly proficient in working to and meeting tight deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of UX principles and HTML/CSS; web design/development
Salary and Benefits
Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply via link or email email@example.com
Note for recruitment agencies
Regarding candidate submissions from recruitment agencies or similar, Stewart Milne Group will only pay a fee upon placement where there is a written engagement in place between Stewart Milne Group’s HR Recruitment function, and the 3rd party before the CV submission. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Stewart Milne Group by a 3rd party without any such engagement, Stewart Milne Group explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.