The Stewart Milne Group provides innovative solutions for residential homes and commercial developments through our Homes and Timber Systems Divisions across the UK. We have a strong reputation for high quality and innovation, with a market leading position based on our expertise, quality, and customer service. We attract people who enjoy a solutions-focussed working environment, based on continuous, personal, and supportive leadership.
Our Timber Systems division is the UK’s leading designer and manufacturer of timber frame building solutions, specialising in off-site construction. We work on over 350 live projects per year, supporting customers on-site and building timber kits across our two bespoke factories in Westhill - Aberdeenshire, Witney - Oxfordshire and in an additional hub space in Grangemouth. We have regional offices in Aberdeenshire, Glasgow and Witney and the team operate across several sectors including, private housing, affordable housing, student accommodation, medical facilities, hotels, and education. Working with market-leading precision-engineered build systems, architects, surveyors and design teams, the division delivers noticeable benefits for our clients.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the Forklift Driver will be a key member of the Manufacturing Team, responsible for material and product movement within the factory and yard, as well as loading and despatching of finished goods.
We operate two working shifts as follows;
- Dayshift - Monday to Friday 6am - 4.30pm
- Backshift - Monday to Thursday 4.45pm - 4.45am
- To organise and carry out material movements within the factory and yard as trained to meet pre-agreed standards in safety; quality and productivity
- Clear and accurate checking and recording of both Goods in & despatch information required to maintain the RAW, WIP and Finished Goods stock systems
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues within the production & logistics team
- Report issues of a health & safety nature, problems with equipment or materials, etc.
- Support process improvements within the yard and logistics area
Essential Technical Expertise
- Hold a current Fork Lift Truck Licence – ideally with Combi-lift conversion but this is not essential as training can be provided
- Demonstrate ability to take loading information and organise materials safely onto loads
- Experience and appreciation of warehouse working and stock control systems is beneficial but not essential
- Experience of timber products or industry is beneficial but not essential
Salary and Benefits
Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive rate of pay
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Flexible Benefits Package
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply via link or email email@example.com
Note for recruitment agencies
Regarding candidate submissions from recruitment agencies or similar, Stewart Milne Group will only pay a fee upon placement where there is a written engagement in place between Stewart Milne Group’s HR Recruitment function, and the 3rd party before the CV submission. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Stewart Milne Group by a 3rd party without any such engagement, Stewart Milne Group explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.