Factory Administrator - Fixed Term
The Stewart Milne Group provides innovative solutions for residential homes and commercial developments through our Homes and Timber Systems Divisions across the UK. We have a strong reputation for high quality and innovation, with a market leading position based on our expertise, quality, and customer service. We attract people who enjoy a solutions-focussed working environment, based on continuous, personal, and supportive leadership.
Our Timber Systems division is the UK’s leading designer and manufacturer of timber frame building solutions, specialising in off-site construction. We work on over 350 live projects per year, supporting customers on-site and building timber kits across our two bespoke factories in Westhill - Aberdeenshire, Witney - Oxfordshire and in an additional hub space in Grangemouth. We have regional offices in Aberdeenshire, Glasgow and Witney and the team operate across several sectors including, private housing, affordable housing, student accommodation, medical facilities, hotels, and education. Working with market-leading precision-engineered build systems, architects, surveyors and design teams, the division delivers noticeable benefits for our clients.
Reporting to the Factory Manager, you will be an integral part of the Manufacturing, Logistics and Material departments, providing general administrative support to meet the departments objectives. This will include accurate and timely processing of information, providing the production and logistics teams with any information that may be required, consuming material and closing works orders completed in the factory.
This role is a Fixed Term Contract until end of March 2022.
- Deliver accurate and timeous administration of production, materials and logistics information, to ensure product is delivered to a high quality standard and to agreed timescales;
- Ensure that all stock transactions are captured and completed in real time by the end of each day
- Monitoring, closing and investigating production works orders and associated BOMs through company ERP system
- Assisting in the processing of information from other departments and preparing packages and works orders for production and logistics
- Maintaining all paperwork relating to the manufacturing and logistics departments including quality check sheets
- Prioritise workload to ensure a proactive approach to the delivery of the administration requirements of the departments
- Build and maintain effective working relationships, internally and externally to maximise successful delivery of all areas within your responsibility
- Assisting the logistics co-ordinator in any process that leads to the successful delivery of product and recording of information relating to goods in and out
- General administration within operations. Holiday summary, filing, updating records and support other departments with holiday cover
Essential Technical Expertise
- Ability to manage and prioritise individual workload
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and respect confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft packages – Word, Excel and Outlook
- Flexible and committed
Salary and Benefits
Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Pension Scheme
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply via link or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note for recruitment agencies
Regarding candidate submissions from recruitment agencies or similar, Stewart Milne Group will only pay a fee upon placement where there is a written engagement in place between Stewart Milne Group’s HR Recruitment function, and the 3rd party before the CV submission. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Stewart Milne Group by a 3rd party without any such engagement, Stewart Milne Group explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.