Construction Logistics Planner
Stewart Milne Group, head-quartered in Aberdeen, has offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Manchester and employs 450 people with around 20 developments at various stages across Scotland and North-West England including Dargavel Village, Shawfair, Haddington, East Linton, Stonehaven Alford, Hooton and Congleton
Reporting to the Construction Manager, you will be a key member of the operational team for Homes Scotland, with responsibility for supporting the construction leadership team in documenting key factors to ensure successful delivery from land acquisition, construction through to customer handover through the scheduling process.
- Supporting Senior team members in documenting key factors to ensure successful delivery from land acquisition, development/infrastructure preparation and construction through to customer handover through the programming and scheduling process.
- Reporting out using Dashboards and summary reports in accordance with the business requirements as and when required.
- Maintain and liaise regular progress reviews and work with our supply chain to provide updates on key milestones and deliveries for materials such as, Timber frames, Kitchens, Brick, Wardrobes and other key aspects from the Construction Programmes.
- Liaising with the supply chain to provide updates and variations to previously supplied plans and work on solutions to these deviations. Preparing reports and schedules for the key milestones.
- Liaising with all departments including Commercial, Technical and Construction teams, as necessary. Working closely with our procurement team to ensure materials are called off in line with our Construction Programmes.
- Providing on-going support to Divisional Directors, Construction Management, Site and Commercial teams to review progress and highlight concerns at early stages.
- You will be required, where necessary, to visit sites and inspect projects with the site management team, attend Site Meetings when required and align schedules on the key milestones.
- Prepare and manage a plan for our internal site based employed resources, along with agency labour requirements.
Essential Technical Expertise
- Experience of the housebuilding construction life cycle.
- Good knowledge of building and general construction techniques and methodology with regards Project Control processes.
- Ability to analyse complex data (quantitative and qualitative), draw conclusions and produce solutions and decisions, and produce reports accordingly.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to use project planning software MS Project and office-based packages i.e. MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) is essential.
- An understanding of the design and procurement process.
- An ability to think laterally and apply innovative solutions.
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload but also must be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- You will have the ability to take direction when needed, a willingness to learn new approaches and a fondness for problem solving.
- You will possess excellent communication skills being able to convey clear and concise information in both written and verbal format to site management, senior management and third parties alike.
Desirable Technical Expertise
- You will ideally be qualified in a suitable Construction / Project Controls Discipline.
- Experience of COINS system.
Salary and Benefits
Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Staff House Discount
- Flexible Benefits Package
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply via link or email email@example.com
Note for recruitment agencies
Regarding candidate submissions from recruitment agencies or similar, Stewart Milne Group will only pay a fee upon placement where there is a written engagement in place between Stewart Milne Group’s HR Recruitment function, and the 3rd party before the CV submission. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Stewart Milne Group by a 3rd party without any such engagement, Stewart Milne Group explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.