Business Development Coordinator
The Stewart Milne Group is one of the UK’s leading home builders, concentrating on building quality residential homes and commercial builds for a range of customers including government bodies, private and public companies, local councils and private clients. We have a reputation for high quality and innovation with a market leading position based on our expertise, innovation, quality and our commitment to providing the best service to our customers.
Our Timber Systems division is the leading provider of Timber Frame construction solution to the Private, Social / Affordable and Commercial / public works sectors. We operate throughout the United Kingdom and have two manufacturing plants, Witney Oxfordshire and Aberdeen Scotland, with regional offices in Glasgow and Manchester.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, you will be an integral part of Business Development Team providing general administrative support in order to meet the teams objectives by accurate and timely processing of information. You will provide a support function to the Regional Sales Manager in both pre-tender and post tender duties.
- Identify and Develop Sales Leads, relationships and Tender Opportunities
- Liaise with potential customers to establish their requirements
- Listen, consult and communicate proactively with both External and Internal customers
- Prepare Sales Briefs for Estimating Department
- Work with cross functional teams across the business to assist in the preparation of Tender Pack
- Prepare Sales Pack with key information to promote our bid
- Issue Timber Frame Tender Packs
- Assist the Regional Sales Manager with maintaining contact with the customer throughout the project lifespan
- Update CRM system with client updates at Pre and Post Tender Stage
- Organise meetings for Regional Sales Manager with prospective customers
- Keep up to date with competitor information and market trends and forthcoming tender opportunities from prospective and existing customers
- Build and maintain effective working relationships, internally and externally to maximise successful delivery of all areas within your responsibility
Essential Technical Expertise
- A planner, who applies logic
- Listens to internal / extremal customer requirements and establishes good relationships.
- Highly focussed on internal / external customer needs.
- Priorities effectively
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Shows drive and determination and takes the initiative
- Manages time efficiently
- Keeps track of activities and progress on a variety of sales opportunities
- Produce new ideas, approaches or insights
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident negotiator
- Commercially Astute
- Knowledge of Timber Frame construction
Salary and Benefits
Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Staff House Discount
- Flexible Benefits Package
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply via link or email email@example.com
Note for recruitment agencies
Regarding candidate submissions from recruitment agencies or similar, Stewart Milne Group will only pay a fee upon placement where there is a written engagement in place between Stewart Milne Group’s HR Recruitment function, and the 3rd party before the CV submission. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Stewart Milne Group by a 3rd party without any such engagement, Stewart Milne Group explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.