Assistant Site Manager
The Stewart Milne Group provides innovative solutions for residential homes and commercial developments through our Homes and Timber Systems Divisions across the UK. We have a strong reputation for high quality and innovation, with a market leading position based on our expertise, quality, and customer service. We attract people who enjoy a solutions-focussed working environment, based on continuous, personal, and supportive leadership.
Stewart Milne Homes is one of the UK’s leading independent housebuilders, operating sites across the North East of Scotland, Central Scotland and North West England.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be a key member of the project team assisting to deliver all operational activities through to development completion. The purpose of the role is the management and delivery of the housing units and associated infrastructure to programme, within budget, safely and to a high standard of quality that will deliver excellence in customer service and contribute towards achievement of the Division’s Business Plan.
This role is to cover sites based around the Edinburgh area such as; Pencaitland, East Linton & Shawfair.
- Assist the Site Manager to deliver business plan and corporate targets for:
- Quality and Health & Safety
- People management & development
- Financial & operational performance
- Customer satisfaction
- Assist the Site Manager to ensure effective and efficient resource management:
- Labour/Sub Contractors
- Infrastructure works
- Work with the Site Manager to deliver accurate & timeous information, reporting variance of cost of additional works; prelims; day works; labour; plant and material to Site/Construction Manager.
- Recruit, motivate and continuously develop required skills within your team to deliver (1) and (2) above.
- Maximise the benefits of and deliver continuous improvement to current business process.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external project teams to maximise success of projects within your area of responsibility and to ensure site presentation aligns with our corporate brand guidelines to maximise the potential to attract sales and enhance customer experience.
Essential Technical Expertise
- Evidence of managing multi-trade skills on timber frame build projects to pre-agreed targets for build programme; health & safety; quality; budget & customer satisfaction
- Microsoft office skills
- 5 day CITB
- 4 day First Aid Certificate
Desirable Technical Expertise
- Qualified to NVQ level 3
Salary and Benefits
Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Company Car / Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Staff House Discount
- Flexible Benefits Package
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply via link or email email@example.com
Note for recruitment agencies
Regarding candidate submissions from recruitment agencies or similar, Stewart Milne Group will only pay a fee upon placement where there is a written engagement in place between Stewart Milne Group’s HR Recruitment function, and the 3rd party before the CV submission. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Stewart Milne Group by a 3rd party without any such engagement, Stewart Milne Group explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.