Assistant Site Manager
The Stewart Milne Group is one of the UK’s leading home builders, concentrating on building quality residential homes and commercial builds for a range of customers including government bodies, private and public companies, local councils and private clients. We have a reputation for high quality and innovation with a market leading position based on our expertise, innovation, quality and our commitment to providing the best service to our customers.
Our Homes Division’s turnover target for the UK in 2019-20 is in excess of £300m across our three regions, North West England, Central Scotland and North Scotland. We have a reputation for delivering high quality homes in sought after locations. Through the expertise of our people, we are able to successfully deliver projects ranging from Brownfield infill developments & high density urban developments to large scale developments where we are lead developers ranging in size from 20 no units to 1500 no units.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be a key member of the project team assisting to deliver all operational activities through to development completion. You will have the opportunity to use your technical, project and people management skills to provide accurate programme information. A clear emphasis will be placed on health & safety; cost management against budget; customer satisfaction; quality and direct employee/subcontractor management & development.
- Manage your areas of responsibility to deliver pre-agreed targets for:
- Quality and Health & Safety
- People management & development
- Financial & operational performance
- Customer satisfaction
- Ensure effective and efficient resource management:
- Labour/sub contractors
- Infrastructure works
- Deliver accurate & timeous information, reporting variance of cost of additional works; prelims; dayworks; labour; plant and material to Site/Construction Manager.
- Recruit, motivate and continuously develop required skills within your team to deliver (1) above.
- Maximise the benefits of and deliver continuous improvement to current business process.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external project teams to maximise success of projects within your area of responsibility and positively impact on customer satisfaction.
Essential Technical Expertise
- Evidence of managing multi-trade skills on timber frame build projects to pre-agreed targets for build programme; health & safety; quality; budget & customer satisfaction;
- Microsoft office skills
- 5 day CITB
- 3 day First Aid Certificate
Desirable Technical Expertise
- Qualified to NVQ level 3 (Supervisory)
Salary and Benefits
Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Company Car / Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Staff House Discount
- Flexible Benefits Package
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply via link or email email@example.com
Note for recruitment agencies
Regarding candidate submissions from recruitment agencies or similar, Stewart Milne Group will only pay a fee upon placement where there is a written engagement in place between Stewart Milne Group’s HR Recruitment function, and the 3rd party before the CV submission. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Stewart Milne Group by a 3rd party without any such engagement, Stewart Milne Group explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.