Accounts Assistant – Fixed Term
The Stewart Milne Group is one of the UK’s leading home builders, concentrating on building quality residential homes and commercial builds for a range of customers including government bodies, private and public companies, local councils and private clients. We have a reputation for high quality and innovation with a market leading position based on our expertise, innovation, quality and our commitment to providing the best service to our customers.
Our Homes Division’s turnover target for the UK in 2019-20 is in excess of £300m across our three regions, North West England, Central Scotland and North Scotland. We have a reputation for delivering high quality homes in sought after locations. Through the expertise of our people, we are able to successfully deliver projects ranging from Brownfield infill developments & high density urban developments to large scale developments where we are lead developers ranging in size from 20 no units to 1500 no units.
Reporting to the Divisional Accountant, within the Homes Division, you will be part of the finance team with responsibility for assisting in all areas of the purchase ledger, subcontractor ledger & sale ledger process. The Accounts Assistant will also be expected to assist with other financial tasks including month end reconciliation as and when required.
This position is a fixed term contract up to 10 months, based at our offices in Trafford Park, Manchester.
- To ensure that all Purchase Ledger payment terms are met and not exceeded
- Assist with efficient and accurate processing of invoices within the Purchase ledger function
- To ensure Supplier Statements agree with Axapta while ensuring any differences are reconciled and understood with action taken to resolve
- Keeping control of the aged creditors and dealing with any debit balance accounts
- Setting up new suppliers, verifying their details
- To ensure that all subcontractor Ledger payment terms are met and not exceeded
- Check all payment certificates are correctly taxed ensuring CIS is complied with
- Setting up new suppliers, verifying their details with HMRC
- Processing Visa receipt payments
- Chasing Ground Rent Debts on leasehold properties
- Raising ad hoc invoices for rebates, water & electric usage
- Processing of Completion Statements for houses purchased & raising the corresponding invoice
- Ensure compliance with VAT regulations
- Weekly cheque runs
- Build and maintain effective working relationships, internally and externally to maximise successful delivery of all areas within your responsibility
- Processing Employee Expenses for payment on a monthly basis
- Dealing with petty cash
- Month end reconciliations of both nominal & expense accounts
- Daily banking
- Intercompany reconciliations & postings
- Processing of weekly timesheets
Essential Technical Expertise
- Experience working within purchase and sales ledger
- Microsoft Office skills and experience with financial computer applications
- Ability to work to tight deadline
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work as part of a team
Desirable Technical Expertise
- AAT Qualified
Salary and Benefits
Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply via link or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note for recruitment agencies
Regarding candidate submissions from recruitment agencies or similar, Stewart Milne Group will only pay a fee upon placement where there is a written engagement in place between Stewart Milne Group’s HR Recruitment function, and the 3rd party before the CV submission. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Stewart Milne Group by a 3rd party without any such engagement, Stewart Milne Group explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.